Monday, June 29, 2009

If you're going to be mean to me...

So, we've had a busy weekend, and our house needs some cleaning. I go back and forth between sticking a movie on for my kids so I can just get things cleaned... and trying to teach them that they need to help.
This morning, I decided the kids needed to pull their load and start cleaning up. I told both of them that they needed to clean up. So, I left them to putting toys away while I went downstairs to register Sam for swimming lessons on the computer.
Fighting ensued.
Sam is always worried that Katelyn isn't putting in her share of the work (and she probably isn't, but he's so worried that she's not working, he doesn't work... he just monitors her and who likes to be monitored!) Anyway, when he got so frustrated with her that he smacked her and she came to me crying, I sent him to his room and told him that he needed to set his timer and he could come out when it beeped and that if he couldn't get along with his sister he couldn't play with friends. (This had added weight since he was supposed to go and play with a friend after lunch.)
When his time came up on the timer Sam came downstairs and said, "If you are going to be nice to me I will give you this."
(Notice Katelyn isn't represented in the picture. He draws these pictures all the time, usually with the words: Sam love Dad, Sam love Mom... and Katelyn always says: "Where's me?")
Then he said, "If you are going to be mean to me, then I will give you this."

4 comments:

Jenny and the Boys said...

ha-ha-ha, that is hilarious!!!
Don't you love kids. I am just laughing and laughing (not at you, with you).
That is FUNNY!!!

Alison Ward said...

HOW FUNNY IS THAT!!! Very creative, Sam. It's so good you write this stuff down, I swear my kids never say stuff like this, or I never write it down :)

Croc Files said...

Too cute... So were you nice to him?

Jo said...

I am laughing so hard right now. Mia likes to make deals with me all the time. "Mom, if you let me do this, I'll give you a treat." It amuses me that she thinks she has that kind of power.