Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween that doesn't end...

Well, I think this year Halloween just didn't end. It seemed like we had stuff all week. Starting with the ward party, preschool party, trick or treating at Michael's work, trick or treating and then ended with a family party on Saturday. Sam was sick this weekend and I think it had everything to do with all of the partying! I'm glad it's over. We always have potluck soups at our Fall/Halloween party and we had some yummy soup and it was fun for the cousins to play. (Not all of the cousins made it due to distance or sickness.. and they were missed). My brother, Josh, usually puts a lot into the party and he did again this year by making cookies for the kids to decorate and gave them all a whoopi cushion... (you can tell he doesn't have kids right!?) and of course the kids loved them and laughed until their tummies hurt...
Plus we ended up painting pumpkins too! (While dad was at work which was a good idea.) This wasn't as fun as I remembered it. I was so worried they would mix the colors, I kept on having them wipe their brushes etc. I don't remember worrying about that at all when I painted pumpkins. But the kids liked it.



Sam got tons of these teeth this year, probably 5 pairs. Both of the kids loved theirs, especially the glow-in-the dark ones. They would walk around the house in them but their mouths weren't big enough to completely get their lips around it so they would drool all the time. Sometimes you'd walk across the floor and step on a pile of drool. Gross.

My kids got these eye patches while trick-or treating. Every time we'd try to get her to say "Aurgh!" she would say "Arf"
Katelyn loved dumping her loot out and sorting it by suckers and other same candies. Then putting it all back in the bucket. She did this I don't know how many times. THEN, when we went out to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood I took all the suckers out of her and Sam's buckets and put them in our give away bucket for Michael to give out to trick or treaters. I hate the big suckers... especially the blow pops with gum in them!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

We've discovered Jayden doesn't really like chocolate! Bummer for him, not so much for us! His favorite treat this year was the fruit snacks. Probably because I don't buy them anymore!

Jenny and the Boys said...

I love the pictures, I'd like to blame the sickness on the candy, but since it started before Halloween I'm not sure it was. I was sorry to miss the party and hope everyone had a great time. I guess it is on to the next holiday. Great teeth and eye patches. I also really like that song, I had never heard it and went to the website and really liked it.

Jenny and the Boys said...

I love the pictures, I'd like to blame the sickness on the candy, but since it started before Halloween I'm not sure it was. I was sorry to miss the party and hope everyone had a great time. I guess it is on to the next holiday. Great teeth and eye patches. I also really like that song, I had never heard it and went to the website and really liked it.