Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I left my heart in San Francisco!


We just got back from a trip to San Francisco. It was so fun! We went with some friends of ours. We left on my birthday, and our friend told the flight attendant it was my birthday... they didn't sing to me. But they announced a "special visitor" and said I was "Queen of Southwest" for the day. How about that? they even made me a crown of pretzels.
That night we went to Wicked. It was incredible. We have seen it in New York, and it was just as good, if not better.
We rented tandem bikes and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Here's a pic of breakfast one morning. Just too good to not take a picture of.
Here's a famous guy. (So famous I don't know his name). But he's a comedian and also "The Marriage Ref" we saw him on the streets the night before and I swore it was him. Then we went into Barnes and Noble and saw him again and Michael and John chased him down... and lo and behold, it was him.
We went to Fisherman's Wharf and to Pier 39 to see the sea lions.
Lombard Street
Our hot fudge sundae from Ghiradelli (also too good to not take a picture).
Alcatraz. Very cool tour. I have already posted too many pics, or I'd post some of the inside. It used to be a maximum security prison for those who don't know, with some very famous inmates (Al Capone).
Us, getting off the trolley.

4 comments:

Rachel H. said...

I am so jealous you have seen Wicked twice, not fair. I thought I would read the book because of all the hype over the musical, not a good idea, the author put a lot of trash in. But I liked to overall story line and can't wait to see the musical. Anyhow, we may be headed up to Utah for a quick trip at the end of April, I'll let you know.

Jenny and the Boys said...

Hey Judy, That looks so fun!! I would love to see that play. Your chocolate ice-cream looked really good too and pancakes, maybe we will have breakfast for dinner.

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Judy-
What a fun trip! Was this a surprise for your birthday? Loved every picture....and by the way, you can NEVER post too many pictures! ;)

Kim and Joe said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I love Wicked too.