Sam has been so funny lately, and I just picked up his Kindergarten registration packet and I can't believe I almost have a kindergartener! Ever since our anniversary Sam has been concerned with who he is going to marry. He kept on asking me, "Well, who can I marry?" I told him that he didn't need to decide right then, but it needed to be a girl and they couldn't be related to you, meaning no cousins or sisters. So, Sam said "I'll marry X." Well, I left it at that and the subject got changed (or more likely the kids started fighting - seems like that is happening a lot lately). So this week Sam brought it back up again, he said "I don't know who I am going to marry... X wont." (I guess he must have asked her - I wish I was there when he'd asked her). He seemed sad, and wanted to know who he could. So, I said, "Who is your friend that is a girl?" and he said "Well, there's Y, but I dont want her" So, I started suggesting names of cute little girls we know... and he scrunched up his nose and said, "nahh" Funny that he's so serious about this...
Sam was really impressed with Valentine's Day. He got home from his preschool Valentine's party with loads of candy... it's like Halloween! Then Grandpa brought by a bag full of loot for the kids for Valentine's Day... Sam thought it should keep on coming!
We also got a babysitter and went on a date... KIDLESS. Which was a highlight for the kids AND us. We went and saw Coraline in 3D which was awesome to see... if you go, you should definitely do the 3D. Anyway, I don't think Michael liked it. I think it would be too scary for my kids for a while though.
On President's Day we went to see Bolt at the dollar theater with my brother and his kids. That show is funny, and both of my kids loved it... and loved spending time with their cousins and their uncle who spoils them with gum. It was a fun weekend!

4 comments:
What a weekend... Sounds like you guys got spoiled. I like three day weekends because it means that the next week is shorter. Johnny use to worry about who he was going to marry but then I told him he couldn't get married before he was 25 and he doesn't seem to worry about it. Jacob has three girls he is going to marry and they all fight over him. :)
What a fun weekend, that is funny about Sam. That is what I spent most of my days in Kindergarten instead of learning I eliminated boys for different reasons of who I would marry. I'm glad you had fun!! Kidless is great sometimes.
At least you've set the record straight! It's got to be a GIRL and NOT RELATED! I think Jenna has the same shirt as Katelyn. She got it for Christmas from Grandma. Gum is always a good spoiling treat!
What a cute post! I recall when Taylor was bent out of shape because she didn't know who she was going to marry. It happened in Kindergarten. Man, so many things to worry about when one begins education....
Post a Comment