First was Sam's room. We painted this red stripe on the wall. I initially only wanted the stripe on one wall, so I only bought one quart of paint for each room. We BARELY eeked out enough paint for Sam's room when we decided to go ahead and paint three of the walls. I had bought the planes, trains and automobile stackers from my friend (thanks Alison... it's perfect) and then I bought the airplane off of ebay and painted it the colors I wanted. I bought the train at the dollar store and painted it as well. Sam has been dying to have his shelf up on the wall and he's pretty thrilled about his room. After everything is up, I think it still needs a little something. But it's a work in progress, and I like it. Amazing what a little paint will do.
Next was Katelyn's room. We decided not to carry the stripe through the whole room, just on 2 walls. I bought some butterflies at a craft store and painted them the colors I wanted and for some reason this little touch makes the room fun for me. Katelyn loves the butterflies (so does Sam and I feel bad that Sam doesn't have something fun like that in his room, I'll have to keep on looking... mom guilt). 
I bought these frames and Jenny helped me make some vinyl lettering (thank you) to say Sugar and Spice (very fitting for Katelyn) and the and everything nice to go over the other thing (I don't know what to call it) that I put Katelyn's name in (clear as mud I'm sure) ANYWAY... I sort of made these... bought and altered... tweaked, I guess is the term. I still need to put some pictures in the frames.
Lastly, (the painting actually took a lot longer than we thought, so this didn't get done on Labor Day... but this week) we got the mirror hung. I bought this mirror at a garage sale. It is really heavy and took a lot to get it hung... and now it's hung. Michael says if we ever move, the mirror may have to stay. So I guess we're never moving.

5 comments:
Good Job! I think you ought to move that mirror up a couple inches though.
They look great!!! Way to go, the hardest part is deciding what to do, it turned out great. Good luck on your next ventures :)
I know in the past you would have denied it, but I think you may have crafty genes! Love what you've done!
You've got a lot of creativity and talent! I love the way you did the sugar & spice & everything nice. I bet the kids love it. Sometimes it feels so refreshing to just make a couple changes and add a few new things. I love it!
Judy, I love how cute everything is. The frames turned out great. You are very creative and "crafty". I am excited to see them in person. The words turned out so great.
Post a Comment